Ciara Beauge, BA, Dip NT, mNTOI
Ciara provides her clients with a complete mind-body approach to health and wellness. Her unique blend of nutrition and psychology helps identify the source of health problems, providing you with the right tools to get your health on track. She is a registered Nutritional Therapist, is Membership Secretary of Nutritional Therapists of Ireland, and is actively involved in the health and nutrition community in Ireland. Ciara holds a diploma in Nutritional Therapy (IINH), degree in Psychology (UCD) and a diploma in Biocognition (Institute of Biocognitive Psychology). She lives what she teaches and is passionate about helping others enjoy a life of lasting health. Ciara has also has received a Certificate from training with the Walsh Research Institute, focused on nutrient therapy for mental health.
What Is Nutritional Therapy?
The science of nutritional therapy recognises that FOOD is our main tool for prevention of illness, recovery, and all round great health. The philosophy of nutritional therapy is holistic. We believe that food, as Mother Nature intended it, is a form of medicine that can encourage the body to restore and heal itself.
Our clinics have helped clients to relieve their symptoms by getting to the root of health issues. This also provides the energy to really live and not just to get through the day. Nutritional therapy works well with complementary therapies and conventional medicine. It puts YOU back in control!
Nutritional therapy has been clinically proven to be beneficial for the following health conditions:
- Blood sugar imbalances – Type II diabetes, sugar cravings, and poor energy levels
- Bone and joint pain – arthritis, osteoporosis, and gout
- Cardiovascular problems – high blood pressure and high cholesterol
- Digestive disorders – bloating, heartburn, constipation, IBS, IBD, Coeliac disease, and candida
- Female hormonal imbalances – PMS, PCOS, endometriosis, and infertility
- Poor immune function – recurring infections, asthma, hay fever, and sinusitis
- Weight challenges – underweight and overweight
- Skin disorders – eczema, psoriasis, and acne
Ciara can also provide the following services:
- Food intolerance testing: Testing against 46 different foods, this is a simple and accurate finger prick blood test
- Diagnostic testing such as hair mineral analysis and stool analysis
- Detoxification programme
- Weight-loss programme
Nutrition for Eating Disorders
Nutrition is an essential component of an integrated approach in the treatment of eating disorders. When the body is starved of nutrients and/or overburdened with sugary processed foods dysfunctions will occur. Symptoms can include:
- Arrhythmias and low blood pressure causing light headedness
- Brittle hair and nails, dry skin
- Loss of menses, poor libido
- Unbalanced blood sugar levels causing tiredness, poor energy and cravings
- Anxiety and/or low moods
- Constipation, bloating and other digestive discomforts
These symptoms can usually be corrected through proper nutrition. Our nutritionist will work with you to devise short term and long term goals for achieving optimum health. These goals include:
- Identifying and rectifying nutrient deficiencies in your current diet
- Including foods that have a balancing effect on blood sugar levels
- Dispelling myths around certain feared foods
- Achieving appropriate biological weight allowing you to feel good about yourself and ensuring you are healthy
It is usual to attend for several consultations to review progress and to ensure your goals are met. Testing through blood and urine samples, may be required to identify any imbalances or deficiencies.
Initial Consultation 1.5 hr: €90
Continual Assessment 1 hr: €60
For a consultation with Ciara, please contact us via our contact form.